Financial help for professional development
- Tuition Grant for probationary teachers - Thanks to funding from Reliant Financial Services, MNEA members who are probationary teachers in their first five years of teaching can receive a $100 tuition grant toward the cost of a three-hour graduate course.
- Tuition Grant for ESP - Thanks to funding from Reliant Financial Services, MNEA members who are education support professionals can receive a $100 tuition grant toward the cost of a three-hour course.
- Western Governors University offers special scholarships for NEA members to help advance your education and career
- NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education - Learning & Leadership grants provide opportunities for teachers and education support professionals to engage in high-quality professional development and lead their colleagues in professional growth. The grant amount is $2,000 for individuals and $5,000 for groups engaged in collegial study. Application deadlines are Feb. 1, June 1 and Oct. 15.
- Student loan information
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Teacher Tuition Assistance Programs and Scholarships
Grants for the classroom
Endorsed by MNEA since 1996, California Casualty offers discounted rates and unique coverage and services such as zero deductible for vandalism and collision to your vehicle if it occurs on or within 500 feet of school premises and ID Defense, free for policyholders! For a personal, no-obligation auto or home insurance quotation, please call 1- 877-411-3419 or go online for a rate quote and get entered in the drawing for a classroom grant.
- CenturyLink, MNEA partner in technology grant program - The Teachers and Technology Project supports innovative classroom projects through funding from the CenturyLink Clarke M. Williams Foundation. Teachers can receive up to $5,000 for technology to benefit students in their classrooms. List of eligible public school districts and private schools
- California Casualty Thomas R. Brown High School Athletics Grant - Apply for a grant to help fund your high school athletics program, sponsored by California Casualty. Grants of $1,000 or more are awarded each year.
- California Casualty Academic Award – Enter to win $2,500 to help pay for out-of-pocket school supplies and instructional materials.
- California Casualty Auto & Home Insurance - Classroom Donation Program - You could win $200 to use in your classroom with the California Casualty Help your Classroom Donation Program. Have you checked this member benefit, lately?
- DonorsChoose.org makes it easy to help classrooms in need. Public school teachers post classroom project requests that could be as simple as pencils or calculators to equipment for robotics. Then, the public donotes money to the project. If the project reaches its funding goal, DonorsChoose.org sends the needed materials to the school.
- NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education - Hundreds of grants of up to $5,000 are awarded each year to fund your big ideas related to classroom innovations, the fine arts or professional development. Applications are accepted on a year-round ongoing basis.
- NEA Foundation Student Achievement Grants - The NEA Foundation Student Achievement Grants provide $5,000 to improve the academic achievement of students by engaging in critical thinking and problem solving that deepen knowledge of standards-based subject matter. The work should also improve student's habits of inquiry, self-directed learning, and critical reflection. Application deadlines are Feb. 1, June 1, and Oct. 15.
- Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant Program supports schools and parent-teacher groups that develop projects which encourage parent involvement and build stronger community spirit. There is a preference for funding requests that have a permanent impact such as facility enhancement (both indoor and outdoor) as well as landscaping/cleanup type projects. Grants of up to $5,000 ar available. Fall grant cycle is open mid-July to mid-October, spring grant cycle ends mid-February. Both grants cycles close once 1,500 applications are received.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics - The Mathematics Education Trust (MET) supports the improvement of mathematics teaching and learning through the funding of grants, awards, and other projects by channeling the generosity of contributors into classroom-based efforts that benefit all students.
- American Association of University Women - The AAUW offers Eleanor Roosevelt Teacher fellowships to women K-12 public school teachers. The fellowships are designed to provide professional development opportunities and improve girls' learning opportunities, especially in math, science, and technology.
- Fender Music Foundation Grants for music instruction programs accepts applications year-round.
- SaveOnEnergy.com Classroom Grant - SaveOnEnergy.com® wants to highlight lesson plans that teach students about energy and the environment.
- Missouri State Parks Bus Grant - Would you like to take students on a field trip to one of Missouri's state parks. Apply for the MSP Bus Grant for a chance to win $500 to cover travel expenses.
- NEA. org - Links to grants and awards available on the Web.
- Student-Centered Advocacy Grant - NEA’s Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy Department will be awarding grants to affiliates to design and implement student-centered initiatives through collective bargaining or other forms of advocacy.
- Hope Fund - Through its Humanitarian Outreach Project for Education Fund (HOPE), Missouri NEA assists students and schools in financial need.
For high school seniors & college students
- Gilbert Balderrama Minority Scholarshp - For minority high school seniors
- Support Our Students Fund - Set up a contribution to give the gift of MNEA-Student membership to one or more college students.
- Support Our Students Scholarship Application
- Educators Rising Scholarship - This scholarship was established to encourage and support high school students wishing to become teachers.
- Phi Delta Kappa Scholarship - annually, Phi Delta Kappa International, through its Educational Foundation, awards scholarships to prospective educators.
- The Cochran Scholarship is a $500 scholarship offered to students pursuing a career in education. Applicants must currently be in their freshman, sophomore or junior year at a Missouri college or university.
- Jack Kinnaman Scholarship - The Jack Kinnaman Scholarship was created in the memory of Jack Kinnaman, Vice President and former Advisory Council member of the NEA-Retired. In addition, Jack represented the NEA-Retired on the Fund for Children and Public Education and in numerous local, state and national Association positions, Active and Retired. He is most fondly remembered as NEA's "Cat in the Hat".
- QuitDay.org Scholarship - Three students will win scholarships to help pay for college tuition or education-related expense in the amounts of $2,000, $700 and $300 for sharing their vision for a smoke-free world.
- Careersandcolleges.com - Search for colleges, scholarships, government loans and private loans. Find out what you are eligible for by searching the extensive database of more than $7 billion in scholarships. Making a plan for college is made easier by logging into this Web site.
- Apply Electronically for Federal Student Aid - For a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), visit the U.S. Department of Education's website
- StudentAid.edu.gov - Start Here, go further, federal student aid programs and resources for getting money for college tuition and repaying student loans.
- The National Geographic Student Expeditions Scholarship Program provides financial support for students seeking educational summer experiences who otherwise could not afford them.
- Kohl's Cares Scholarship Program - Nominate a young volunteer ages 6-18 for up to $10,000 in scholarships to use for higher education.
- Access student loan help and information from NEA's Degrees Not Debt program.
- Student Financial Aid Search Engine: Find & Apply for Financial Aid to Pay for College
- Scholarships to Help International Students Afford U.S. Colleges
- “No Essay” College Scholarship
- United Negro College Fund Scholarships
- Scholarship America Scholarships
- Public Relations Grants - Local associations across the state have the opportunity to implement their ideas for spreading good news about public education with a little financial boost from Missouri NEA.
- MNEA Organizing Grant - The Missouri NEA Organizing grant is available to MNEA local leaders who need a little extra cash for Local Association organizing efforts. Contact your UniServ Director for more information.
- The School Funding Center - Sign up for a newsletter filled with grant sources, tips on grant writing, best sources for programs & materials, top Web sites and —best of all—it's absolutely free.