Safe Schools Resources
Web sites that offer safe schools resources for educators, some of which provide links to more sites of interest.
Please note that Missouri NEA does not control the content of the sites listed here--they are entirely the responsibility of the respective webmasters and organizations. While we believe these sites to be generally of high quality, things can change quickly in cyberspace. If you discover a problem or concern about any of these links, please let us know by sending an email to MNEA.
Also, be sure to let us know of any additional safe schools resources on-line that you've discovered and would like us to consider listing here.
- Standing up to Bullies brochure
- MNEA's Safe Schools Flyers
- NEA Safe Schools Resources, provide cutting edge research, news articles, Association policy, model state programs, and discussions about what other organizations are saying.
- Safe Schools Grants, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Rusty Rosenkoetter and Carolyn Deffenbaugh, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102, phone: 573/751-8247. Grants to fund preventive and interventive educational programs to serve students who are violent, abusive or chronically disruptive.
- The Center for Safe Schools, University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Education, Russ Thompson and Dr. Pat Henley, 51 00 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110-2499, phone: 816/235-5656. A Wide variety of resources and information on management schools, student identification/selection, and evaluation.
- The National Resource Center for Safe Schools, offers a wide variety of information and links to resources. Phone 800/547-6339 ext. 131.
- National School Safety Center, provides a wide range of information and linkages to multiple resources.
- Local Government/School Partnership Program, Department of Public Safety, Tim Taylor, P.O. Box 749, Jefferson City, MO 65102, phone: 573/751-4905. Grants to local government, police department and school district (consortia) for programs to reduce crime and violence.
- Safe Schools Coalition is a non-profit organization that works to reduce violence and promote health and safety in schools. Grant resources and workshops are listed.
- The National Crime Prevention Council offers the free resource, "Stopping School Violence."
- National Alliance for Safe Schools, offers a wide variety of information. Their address is: P.O. Box 1068, College Park, MD 20741. Phone: 301/935-6063.