Order a Pocket Calendar or Planner for the 2016-2017 year
You may be retired from your career in education, but we know that many of you are still living the good fight for public schools. An MNEA calendar will help you stay in the know with important dates and deadlines. If you would like to receive a 2016-2017 MNEA calendar, order yours today. You can choose to receive an MNEA pocket calendar or planner. Both are free and contain important MNEA dates, such as Trainings, Legislative Receptions and Capitol Action Days.
Order your calendar today >>
Subscribe to FOCUS to ensure your MNEA-R news reaches you
Like it or not, we live in changing times. The expense of printing and mailing our association
newsletter has become prohibitive. Most of our current members prefer the electronic, full-color
edition of "Focus," but we realize this is not true of all our loyal members. That's why we are
making it a requirement to "opt in" (i.e. make a specific written request) if you want to continue
receiving your copy by U.S. mail. In addition, we must have your current email address is order
for you to receive the electronic version, as well as to be included in our MNEA-Retired listserv. You must do one of the following to opt-in to receive your copy of the MNEA-Retired newsletter.
- Contact Pam Koetting (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your current email address to receive the FOCUS newsletter electronically.
- Send a written request to the MNEA-Retired, ATTN: Pam Koetting, 1810 East Elm, Jefferson City, MO
65101 asking that the "hard-copy" or printed FOCUS newsletter be mailed to you.
- If you are already receiving the FOCUS electronically, do nothing. If you ever change your email address, contact MNEA with change of address to keep receiving your newsletter.
Join the Organization Working for You
Missouri NEA is the leading advocate for retired education employees in Missouri. We are working with PSRS, the Missouri General Assembly and Congress for you. The collective lobbying strength of the 35,000-member MNEA and the 3.2 million-member NEA is committed to:
- leading the effort to repeal the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and the Government Pension Offset (GPO). More information about this effort can be found at http://www.nea.org/home/16491.htm
- improving retirement benefits for all education employees
- opposing mandatory social security for public employees
- increasing retirement benefit to 80 percent of salary
- removing the cap on lifetime COLA
- providing a fair share of Missouri Public School Retirement System investment profits to current retirees based on years of service, contributions paid and length of retirement security
You can join MNEA/NEA-Retired on either an annual or lifetime basis. If you would like to join MNEA/NEA-Retired, you have the following options:
- Join online as an MNEA-Retired lifetime member;
- Contact MNEA-Retired at 800-392-0236; or
- Print the form and send with payment to - Missouri NEA, 1810 E Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
Get involved in MNEA-Retired