Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016
Registration ends Sept. 23. Register now >>
If you are a college student majoring in education, this conference is for you. This one-day, free conference will offer breakout sessions teaching you skills you will need to be a leader and educator. You must be a MNEA-Student member to attend. Lunch will be provided. Contact Sharon Fortner (636) 970-3111 with questions.
Register online now >>
Degrees Not Debt Train the Trainers Workshop
Friday, Oct. 7, 2016
MNEA is pleased to announce the opportunity for you to become a Degrees Not Debt workshop presenter. A special one-time training is being offered on Friday, Oct. 7 to teach you how to hold your own workshop to inform educators of government programs designed to reduce and/or eliminate federal student loan debt for people working in the public sector. Please see the flyer for details. Contact Stephanie Price or Sharon Fortner (636) 970-3111 with questions.
Register online now >>
Top ten reasons to join the MNEA-Student Program
10) Legal Protection you can count on. $4 million in damages and additional payment for legal fees for most civil and some criminal lawsuits arising out of job-related incidents and a free one-hour consultation with an attorney for personal legal matters.
9) Email listservs and Facebook fan page allow you to communicate with your peers, get answers from experienced teachers and receive Works4Me, a weekly email with practical classroom tips.
8) Great opportunity to become a leader in your local, state & national associations.
7) Learn from the best at the MNEA Student Academy.
6) Publications to assist you as you begin your career in education — Start Smart, a beginning teacher handbook; Salary Benchmarks & Rankings, a comparison of school district salaries in Missouri; Something Better, MNEA's award-winning magazine; Show Me Education, published by students for students; NEA Today and Tomorrow’s Teachers.
5) Big savings to more than 300,000 locations throughout the nation, state and community.
4) $20 rebate for every year you were an MNEA-Student member when you join MNEA after graduation.
3) Learn and grow with peers from across the state.
2) A voice at the Capitol representing children and public schools.
1) Jumpstart your teaching career.
To join the MNEA Student Program, contact your campus MNEA chapter or join online.
Support Our Students
Missouri NEA is offering the chance for MNEA members to
sponsor a future teacher and potential union member to help aspiring educators
begin their careers with the benefits of MNEA membership. If you are interested
in SOS program, contact MNEA
Organizing Director Stephanie Price at Stephanie.Price@mnea.org.
Financial and career resources
- U.S. Department of Education - www.college.gov - a new Web site that aims to motivate students with inspirational stories and information about planning, preparing and paying for college.
- EEOC's Youth@Work Web site - The program is designed for youth by youth to teach you about your real world rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- TEACHnow.org - Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim's documentary, TEACH, chronicles four young teachers as they survive their first-year of teaching in America's toughest schools. Watch online.