Sign up for a free
Reading Across the Curriculum
online course offered by the Professional Learning Board and NEA Academy.
Log in MNEA Members Only and click Online Learning & Webinars for a coupon code.
See flier for details.
Especially for Beginning Teachers
Beginning Teacher Assistance Program – “I Can Do It”
Beginning Teacher Listserv
"Start Smart" A Beginning Teacher Handbook – A handbook of resources and information targeted to beginning teachers and their experiences. To get a copy of the MNEA Start Smart, contact your regional MNEA office or log in MNEA Members Only to download a pdf version.
Missouri Mentoring Program – Participate in a field-tested program that gets at the heart of an effective mentor/beginning-teacher relationship. This program provides a comprehensive look at the role of mentors in supporting new teachers.
Contact Ann Jarrett at (800) 392-0236 for more information on any of the programs listed.
Missouri NEA has a complete program for professional and personal growth. Contact MNEA Teaching & Learning at (800) 392-0236. We are ready to assist you in understanding and applying information in the following areas:
- Professional Development Committee Training
- Missouri Model Teacher Evaluation System
- Mentoring New Teachers
- Special-Education Law
- Working Effectively with Paraprofessionals
- National Board Certification
- School Finance
- Bullying and Sexual Harassment
- Interest-Based Bargaining
- Successful Parent/Teacher Conferences
Online Learning and Graduate Programs
- Connect with fellow educators online through NEA's Priority Schools Campaign Virtual Learning Community
- MNEA Online Training Series features a number of free and low cost online courses exclusively for MNEA members.
- NEA Academy features free online classes such as Effective Teaching in Diverse Classrooms and Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching. Members can access the courses at www.nea.org/academy.
- NEA Works4Me Library of classroom tips is searchable by topic. Each week, Works4Me subscribers receive an e-mail newsletter with two practical classroom tips. Sign up for the newsletter and find the library at www.nea.org/tools/Works4Me.html.
- Log in MNEA Members Only to watch the previously recorded trainings about recognizing and reporting child abuse and neglect. After you log in, click on Online Training in the red navigation menu.
MNEA Professional Development Opportunities