Missouri NEA has a complete program for professional and personal growth. Download brochure >>
Contact MNEA Teaching & Learning at (800) 392-0236. We are ready to assist you in understanding and applying information in the following areas:
- Professional Development Committee Training
- Missouri Model Teacher Evaluation System
- Mentoring New Teachers
- Special-Education Law
- Working Effectively with Paraprofessionals
- National Board Certification
- School Finance
- Bullying and Sexual Harassment
- Interest-Based Bargaining
- Successful Parent/Teacher Conferences
MNEA Conferences & Workshops
Online Learning & Graduate Programs
MNEA Online Training
Missouri NEA's online training series offers a number of free or low cost live online webinars. This service is exclusive to MNEA members.
NEA's library of classroom tips searchable by topic. Subscribers receive a weekly electronic newsletter with two practical classroom tips.
Free Reading Across the Curriculum online course
This program features online classes, and some of the classes are free to members. Explore the site for graduate-credit options or to gain knowledge in area of interest.
MNEA Professional Development Opportunities
Especially for Beginning Teachers
- Beginning Teacher Assistance Program – “I Can Do It”
- Tuition Grant
- Beginning Teacher Listserv
- "Start Smart" A Beginning Teacher Handbook – A handbook of resources and information targeted to beginning teachers and their experiences. To get a copy of the MNEA Start Smart, contact your regional MNEA office or log in MNEA Members Only to download a pdf version.
- Missouri Mentoring Program – Participate in a field-tested program that gets at the heart of an effective mentor/beginning-teacher relationship. This program provides a comprehensive look at the role of mentors in supporting new teachers.
Contact Ann Jarrett at (800) 392-0236 for more information on any of the programs listed.
- National Board Certification Seminar
- NBC Facts and Background