Annual MNEA-Retired Meeting
April 17, 2015
Mark your calendar for the MNEA-Retired Annual Meeting, which will be held at the Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake Ozark on Friday, April 17. We have a fun, but serious meeting planned. Fun things start with a morning workshop Inside the Mind of Authors, exhibits and drawings, and the popular PAC Auction. Lunch will include a PSRS/PEERS presentation followed by the Business Meeting.
If you plan to stay over or come early, you can take advantage of MNEA’s group room rate for as low as $104. The deadline for the group room rate is March 24. Call the hotel directly to make room reservations at 1-573-365-3000 or make reservations online.
Join the Organization Working for You
Missouri NEA is the leading advocate for retired education employees in Missouri. We are working with PSRS, the Missouri General Assembly and Congress for you. The collective lobbying strength of the 35,000-member MNEA and the 3.2 million-member NEA is committed to:
- leading the effort to repeal the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and the Government Pension Offset (GPO). More information about this effort can be found at http://www.nea.org/home/16491.htm
- improving retirement benefits for all education employees
- opposing mandatory social security for public employees
- increasing retirement benefit to 80 percent of salary
- removing the cap on lifetime COLA
- providing a fair share of Missouri Public School Retirement System investment profits to current retirees based on years of service, contributions paid and length of retirement security
You can join MNEA/NEA-Retired on either an annual or lifetime basis. If you would like to join MNEA/NEA-Retired, you have the following options:
- Join online as an MNEA-Retired lifetime member;
- Contact MNEA-Retired at 800-392-0236; or
- Print the form and send with payment to - Missouri NEA, 1810 E Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.