Annual MNEA-Retired Meeting
Friday, April 8, 2016
Mark your calendar for the MNEA-Retired Annual Meeting, which will be held at the Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake Ozark on Friday, April 8.
Join MNEA-Retired for Capitol Action Days
MNEA-Retired will host two Capitol Action Days (CADs) at the capitol in Jefferson City on April 13 and May 4. Please make plans to attend one (or both) of these sessions so that you can learn about legislative issues that will impact public education and our retirement system. You will have an opportunity to speak with your legislators about the issues you find important to protecting public school employee retirement and public schools. Each day begins at 10:00 a.m. in House Hearing Room 4 with a briefing from MNEA Legislative Director Otto Fajen.
You are welcome to attend your Governance District’s Capitol Action Day with active members from your area. Visit www.mnea.org/Missouri/CapitolActionDays.aspx for more details and RSVP contacts (We want to have enough materials for all participants!)
Subscribe to FOCUS to ensure your MNEA-R news reaches you
Like it or not, we live in changing times. The expense of printing and mailing our association
newsletter has become prohibitive. Most of our current members prefer the electronic, full-color
edition of "Focus," but we realize this is not true of all our loyal members. That's why we are
making it a requirement to "opt in" (i.e. make a specific written request) if you want to continue
receiving your copy by U.S. mail. In addition, we must have your current email address is order
for you to receive the electronic version, as well as to be included in our MNEA-Retired listserv. You must do one of the following to opt-in to receive your copy of the MNEA-Retired newsletter.
- Contact Pam Koetting (email@example.com) with your current email address to receive the FOCUS newsletter electronically.
- Send a written request to the MNEA-Retired, ATTN: Pam Koetting, 1810 East Elm, Jefferson City, MO
65101 asking that the "hard-copy" or printed FOCUS newsletter be mailed to you.
- If you are already receiving the FOCUS electronically, do nothing. If you ever change your email address, contact MNEA with change of address to keep receiving your newsletter.
Join the Organization Working for You
Missouri NEA is the leading advocate for retired education employees in Missouri. We are working with PSRS, the Missouri General Assembly and Congress for you. The collective lobbying strength of the 35,000-member MNEA and the 3.2 million-member NEA is committed to:
- leading the effort to repeal the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and the Government Pension Offset (GPO). More information about this effort can be found at http://www.nea.org/home/16491.htm
- improving retirement benefits for all education employees
- opposing mandatory social security for public employees
- increasing retirement benefit to 80 percent of salary
- removing the cap on lifetime COLA
- providing a fair share of Missouri Public School Retirement System investment profits to current retirees based on years of service, contributions paid and length of retirement security
You can join MNEA/NEA-Retired on either an annual or lifetime basis. If you would like to join MNEA/NEA-Retired, you have the following options:
- Join online as an MNEA-Retired lifetime member;
- Contact MNEA-Retired at 800-392-0236; or
- Print the form and send with payment to - Missouri NEA, 1810 E Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
Get involved in MNEA-Retired